Open Positions: Development Director
Deadline to Apply: October 30th
Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful (KTMB) seeks an experienced Development Director with a track record of raising significant funds in a nonprofit setting, has experience in event management, and has a passion for building relationships.
Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful (KTMB) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that for more than 25 years has been dedicated to beautification, advocating for a clean community, cleanups and education. KTMB is an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful. Locally, we work with businesses, municipalities, community groups and individuals to keep our open spaces, the Truckee River, business corridors, and neighborhoods beautiful and clean for all to enjoy.
The Development Director will work to build strong, meaningful relationships with businesses and increase general awareness of and support for KTMB. The Development Director will work to increase and track strategic donor follow-ups, increase donor appreciation and oversee fundraising strategies. This role is focused on growing the number of individuals and businesses/organizations that engage with and donate to KTMB. The Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Fundraising – oversee all aspects of raising funds for the organization, including fundraising events, annual giving campaigns, sponsorship acquisition, individual donor acquisition, and the membership program; track data using donor software (DonorPerfect); develop and oversee fundraising budgets; fulfill program fundraising goals; report to Executive Director and Board of Directors on progress and updates
- Relationship Development – Develop relationships with key stakeholders to gain support and funding; maintain relations with new and existing sponsors through outreach; reach out to new businesses to engage them in KTMB events, ask for support and/or donations; create and distribute development materials including packets, fliers, and targeted emails; develop procedures and processes for donor relations
- Annual Fundraising Event – oversee sponsorship acquisition and logistics to put on a successful Raise the River fundraiser (now in its third year); manage contractors, vendors, and oversee Event Committee; acquire sponsors for all sponsorship levels; develop relationships with sponsors and ensure a meaningful/positive experience
- Marketing and Outreach – serve as the spokesperson for media-related events (radio, TV, and paper), and public talks; fundraisers, and marketing campaigns; lead KTMB staff in the branding and marketing to increase visibility of the organization; oversee and uphold brand standards for staff and vendors to adhere to for all communications (newsletter, social media, website content, press releases, etc.)
- Grant Management – manage grant process which includes research, budget oversight, drafting and submitting grant proposals, tracking (using DonorPerfect) and reporting on grant requirements; guide support staff in grant writing and submission
- Human Resources – hire, train, conduct performance reviews, and provide corrective action for development staff and AmeriCorps members; oversee temporary contractors
- Other Duties As Assigned
Ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 5 years of experience in:
- Successful fundraising
- Event planning
- Grant writing
- Have experience in marketing and brand management
- Be a natural leader who is positive, genuine and passionate
- Possess a high degree of diplomacy
- Have a passion for the local community and Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful’s mission
- Possess a collaborative spirit of excellence
- Have a solid understanding of fundraising concepts, proposal writing for grants, donor software and reporting
- Possess extensive and proven experience interacting with high level contacts, including board members, and key community stakeholders
- Have experience managing by influence and being an effective relationship builder
- Adept at time management
- A sense of humor
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect
- Be flexible
- Willingness and enthusiasm to support KTMB events and activities
Work Conditions: An office environment, but the mission of the organization requires lifting more than 20 pounds and working in non-standard work environments.
Benefits: Flexible hours and friendly working environment. Three percent of salary to SEP IRA retirement benefit and health insurance.
Hours: Standard work week, additionally may work evenings, and weekends. Flex hours to accommodate activities and representing the organization at public events.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Christi Cakiroglu at [email protected] by October 30th, 2017.