Would you like to make a visible difference where you live or to another part of the Truckee Meadows? You can organize a cleanup with your business or group and KTMB can help you do it. KTMB will provide trash pickers, trash bags, and tools for your cleanup. You provide the enthusiastic volunteers!
KTMB’s Neighborhood Cleanup program is essential to keeping our entire community beautiful year-round. Anyone is welcome to participate! We often have school groups, businesses and clubs calling us to do a cleanup because they care about keeping their area looking beautiful. KTMB coordinates cleanups in parks, business corridors and residential neighborhoods.
To coordinate a Neighborhood Cleanup with KTMB
- Decide on: some possible dates, (at least two weeks away for date of submitting), about how many people you’ll have, if you have a spot in mind, and what tools/supplies you might need to get the job done.
- Fill out the KTMB Project Request Form.
- Review Tips for a great cleanup.
- Coordinate pick up of your supplies with KTMB.
- When you’re done, just return the tools and your Post-Cleanup Report KTMB, and enjoy your cleaner, more beautiful neighborhood!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where can my group do a clean up? You can clean any area of public land – it could be a park, a roadway or a trail.
- How many volunteers do we need? KTMB can help you find a project which will be just right for your group of 5 to 100.
- Is there a charge involved? There is no fee for your group to cleanup with KTMB. However cleanups do require staff to spend time organizing and coordinating and tools and supplies must be replaced periodically. As a nonprofit that depends on community support, we greatly appreciates any amount your group is able to donate.
- We want to clean up our neighborhood. How do we get started? Decide on a possible date(s) – at least three weeks out; Estimate your volunteer numbers; Fill out the KTMB Project Request Form.